Directions by Train
By train main station Essen
- At the Hauptbahnhof Essen take the tram, this brings you right next to the university. The tram is in the basement of the train station. Also the underground starts from this point. The blue signs with "U" or red signs labeled "tram" mark these stations.
- The best way is to take the tram "101" in direction "Borbeck" or the "105" in direction "Frintrop": Usually they operate in 10-minute intervals.
- From Hauptbahnhof it is only 2 stops until you reach the station "Rheinischer Platz" (rate "Kurzstrecke"). At "Rheinischer Platz" get out of the tram, when you reach the upper level take the exit in direction "Universität".
- Proceed along Gladbecker Straße to the next traffic lights (approx. 200 m). On the left you can see the University Duisburg-Essen.
- Take a left into the "Universitätsstraße". After approx. 50 m you can see a red gate on the right side. Pass this gate and proceed straight ahead under the underpath.
- Stay right, after a few steps you can see the library entrance on the right side. Proceed until you reach the entrance of the new building in which are the premises of the chair. The building is labelled with "R09".
- Having entered the building, take the first corridor on the left (H).
- When crossing the glass door, proceed further until you reach a second glass door. Behind this door you can find the secretariat of the chair at the end of the hallway on the left side. The other coworkers offices are on the left side of the hallway.
- Timetable Information Deutsche Bahn AG
- Timetable Information VRR